Senior League: Back To Netball
31st August 2020
Ladies we are planning for our return to Back to Netball hopefully in October. Please keep an eye on this page as we will post our developments as we go along.
I hope you will have seen that England Netball has today given the green light for the restart of netball at grass roots level, subject to significant precautions being put in place. This is good news and the Committee – both junior and adult branches – have been planning for this day and we now need to get our plan signed off with Rainham Girls school and EN. We will begin that work this weekend when, subject to getting agreement from the school, we will visit the courts and try and execute our plan. As soon as we have a viable plan we will communicate with you. Please go to englandnetball.co.uk to read the latest update.
The main points are
· Every league and club is required to have a CoVID 19 officer. For the league, this will be our President Chris Olivares who has already begin the risk assessmnets in partnership with Rainham Girls School
· Netball training will be allowed for groups of up to 30 per court subject to appropriate risk assessments being in place
· Leagues can return from 26 September subject to conditions and of course if there are no local lockdowns or further government restrictions.
· There are a number of modifications – including:
o 4ft spacing at start of play – so for example, the WD needs to be 4ft away from WA at start of play
o 3ft distance for marking has been extended to 4 ft
o If you aren’t involved in active play you must keep 4ft away from other players
All of these modifications will be explained in the coming weeks. For now we need to know:
· Does your team want to play?
· Do you as an individual want to play? So maybe other team members are still not comfortable about playing but some individuals are. Let us know as we may be able to sort something out.
· You are prepared to sign up to test and trace procedures
Please contact your divisional rep. If you don’t have a divisional rep but do want to play from September, please contact any member of the Committee or via the contact box on the website
Please do send in questions and we will collate them and reply to everyone via the website.
To play in the league you will need to be a member of EN so do check that out on their website now.
That is all for the moment. This is good news for netball. We are aware though that some people will have had different experiences during the lockdown period and may people we know remain anxious about social distancing and the safety of netball. So do ask us questions and seek advice. We are here to help
Keep safe everyone and hope to see you all soon.
Pauline & Isobel will be in touch soon.
Looking to return to netball or never played – this is for you!
We run Thursday evening sessions at Rainham Mark Grammar School sports hall from 8pm- 9pm, cost is £4.00. All abilities and ages are very welcome. Come along for a bit of coaching followed by a game, we are a friendly bunch!